Saturday, December 19, 2009

What November Was (part two)






November was the last warm days, the last night wanderings and talks about the future.
Where are we going? Oh photos will you let me know?

Presently I am down in Texas, the sun is shining, and I want to photograph everything. While visiting friends and family, I keep coming across stacks of photos- snap shots with no time line or order - that make me drool. The randomness of people and places I don't know or haven't thought about in a while, different textures of paper, photos from the 1960s hanging out next to pictures from a few months ago, some fading and beat to shit, someone's history vibrating in my hands and eyeballs. Snapshots are one of (if not the) my greatest influences on my work, there is something just so beautiful and humble about them. I feel as if I have the same intentions as a families' photo album just on a larger scale.
Do people still do photo albums? Or are we locking them inside of digital cameras and computers?

Thanks for lookin' and reading.

©S.I. Watson

3 comments:

m. james murphy said...

The beauty of your words are only overshadowed by the beauty in your photographs.

SarahIdean said...

Oh that Matt Murphy, he's an artist.

ashlin said...

I use photo albums!!! one of those ones where you stick the photo to the page<3. And your images make me smile.