Thursday, December 24, 2009

Drink Coffee, Brush Teeth, Take Self Portrait





Here are the first five printed self portraits from my morning portraits WIP series. Each (most) are taken moments before I walk out the door for the first time. I am interested in seeing how I feel/look before I present myself to the hustle and bustle of Central Square and the changes of my expression, stance and clothing.
Its about the everyday.
I have been wanting to do a daily photo project for sometime but did not know what to shoot, this seems to be worth exploring for now.
All of these were taken in November or early December, and I am pretty sure the first one here was the first one i took.
I am hoping to have more printed and posted in a about month but they will have a different locations and people in them.
Merry X-mas, Eat some fucking pie!
©S.I.Watson 2009

5 comments:

m. james murphy said...

After much debate (with myself), the middle is my favorite. The bottom a close second.

I love this idea/series.

yocoland said...

the daily selfportrait idea sounds great sara. And i love the feeling of photos.

Yoonjoo Kim said...

i've done (well kinda stopped now) a daily project on my own a few years ago for over 3 years. I took pictures at 5:19 PM everyday. My birthday is May 19th and that's how i came up with the time. It was very fun recording the places, the emotions and many more. I love this project a lot, sarah! Keep it up! :)

SarahIdean said...

Three years Yoonjoo!? Post images from your 5:19 project when you get a chance i would love to see some.

Anonymous said...

OOPS...how did I get here?

SIGH...

well, I must say, I thoroughly approve of the hair.

And I esp. like the one w/ the talking head tucked in the corner.

'But what about the rest of it..?'

Up, up, and awaaaay